Monday, January 17, 2011

13. Ghanaian Jollof Rice

Last night I cooked my first of fifty ethnic dishes needed to finish no. 13. My first attempt ~ Jollof Rice, I didn't really have a recipe to follow, but Godfred had given me a good idea.

I used rice, canola oil, canned tomatoes, red pepper, onion, tomato paste,  curry and nutmeg powders, a maggi cube, and habanero pepper...

So, I pureed the sauce, as I'm doing this my he-man tastebuds kick in.. one habanero pepper Tanya? Really, that can't be enough! (No lies.. I'm sweating just writing this) So in goes another. WOW those mothers are HOT!

I'd love to say this tastes great, but to be honest, I can't get past the hot. I'll definitely try it again, with maybe half of the first pepper! One down ... 49 to go!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm!!!!!!!!! It looks so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He-Man: I have the Power! I became He-Man the most powerful man in the universe. Only a few others share this secret... Together we defend Castle Cumming from the evil forces of the evil habanero pepper.

    ReplyDelete