Monday, January 31, 2011

11. Read 50 books


I forgot to blog the last two books I read so here they are.

Sugar
by Bernice L. McFadden

This book was a definitely not a sugar-coated, happily-ever-after fairytale. It was nice to read a book that doesn't end how you necessarily want it to. 

After I finished the book, I sat there with a sigh "hmpf"... not quite sure what to make of it at first; however,  the more I think about it, I did enjoy this book. It was nice to see two people come together despite stereotypes. It's a reminder that we can't judge a book by its cover so to speak.

Here's a link to the summary

Heart of the Matter
by Emily Giffin

Book club read. I'm a dummie and forgot to get Nicole's skype address to join in on the discussion of the book tonight.

I'm on the fence about this book.
I read it, but I couldn't help but be reminded of real life situations and so I was not fond of the husband or his love interest. 

Emily Giffin is an incredible writter and does write in a way that your heart goes out to each character, even when your head doesn't want it to.

I'm definitely excited to see next month book pick!

Here's a link to the summary

1 comment:

  1. it's okay - we didn't skype. for now we'll leave comments on the book club blog.... check out the next book.

    ReplyDelete