Thursday, February 3, 2011

38. Read a newspaper front to back

So I did it! I read the newspaper from front to back. 

I've not followed any weekly columns so I was a little in left field on some of the references, but I read every story, glanced at each ad and even skimmed yesterdays flyers!

I do feel more informed this week with what is happening in our neck of the woods. I think, I'll add staying informed on my second edition list! Maybe it'll be read one newspaper per week, that may just be a bulletin, but really a newspaper is a newspaper regardless of size, right?


Here's what I've learned...
  • President Obama has been invited to our annual international tug-of-war. (pretty exciting stuff)
  • Ten cows from Cornell Farms have been shipped to Kazakhstan to help regenerate their herds.
  • Snow removal cost a fortune, seriously a small fortune!
  • A 100 Things Challenge exists. A minimalistic challenge...Get rid of everything but 100 things... I don't think I couldn't even attempt this.
  • Snowshoeing is a hilarious tale told through the eyes of Beth Caldwell. She is one funny, funny lady.
  • Kwesi being in Ghana means we'll miss out on romeo and juliet, cupid's arrow, and shrimp in love all served as part of La Flambée's valentine's menu.
  • Salt water fishing is something I definitely want to take part in. (Second edition list)
  • We love our hockey.
  • And maybe the best news of all... Cold snap nears end. Woot woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment