Wednesday, April 13, 2011

78. Cook my way through an entire magazine/cookbook

Makeover Rosemary Muffins
January edition of Healthy Cooking Magazine.

 
Oooh, I've been waiting for that one recipe that I want to devour from this magazine. Healthy always ins't the tastiest choice, but these muffins are by far the BEST recipe so far.

I gave some of these savoury little morsels away to the family and I can say there is a chance the next time I make these, I will be keeping these to myself. They are delicious!

The recipe is below

Makeover Rosemary Muffins

Ingredients

  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup fat-free milk
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped Greek olives
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, milk, oil and mustard. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, olives and rosemary.
  • Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment