Wednesday, April 13, 2011

29. Cook for my Grandmas monthly for a year

Tuesday,  March 29 (Yes, I know.. cutting it close!) Grandma Del and I headed over to Grandma Peg's home for our monthly dinner.

I was going to test out a  brand spankin' new recipe, I searched and searched, and had a few chosen, but decided last minute to go with a tried and true recipe... it doesn't have a name or let's call it Beef Tomato Casserole, I've made it a bunch of times and always love it. We added some brocolli and corn to round out our dinner.

I forgot my camera so I couldn't take a picture of our dinner, but I did catch a pic of the leftover casserole. I always leave some leftovers for my Grandmas, but they insisted I take some too.

I love these dinners, I've learned so many things about my family that I had no idea about prior to this. This is probably the best item on my list, the memories that we are making are priceless and I wouldn't trade this "task" for anything.

April's dinner... Grandma Del's with Shore Lunch Chicken Noodle Soup, It's already decided!

Beef Tomato Casserole
1lb. Ground Beef
1.5 cups instant rice
1.5 cups water
2 Medium Tomatoes chopped
1 package onion soup mix
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Brown ground beef in a skillet, add next four ingredients, mix and bring just to a boil. Remove and cover tightly with foil, bake in 350º oven for 25 - 30 minutes, until water is absorbed. Remove foil top with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese, bake for another 10 minutes until cheese is melted, serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment